Manufacturing business has becoming more competitive
Here are several 'Depends on' factors below to help you consider whether you should buy such milling machines:
1. Depends on your budget - Normally, purchasing machining centers requires a large budget. Make sure you have sufficient funds for such purchase and look for those machine manufacturers that offer affordable prices. If you find it costly to own such machines, you can opt for job shops to perform CNC milling service on your behalf at reasonable rates.
2. Depends on the size of your market - If you are manufacturing specific components on a large scale basis, it is definitely worth to purchase several machining centers to boost productivity and profitability of your business. However, if it is a small scale business, it is wisely that you minimize your production cost by outsourcing your parts production operations to reliable job shops. Such operations can be done effectively by job shops as they have their own operators and CNC milling machines to work on your project based on your CAD design.
3. Depends on the size of your business area - Regardless the size of your market, the most important deciding factor of buying such machines is the total space availability. Basically, you need to accommodate a large compartment to fit in bulky CNC milling machines and other machining centers. If you have limited space for these machines, you can resolve this insufficient space availability issue by relying on CNC machining services which are provided by most job shops.
4. Depends on the number of employees - If you have enough manpower, you can actually set up training for your employees to work on these machines to perform parts production operations with CNC milling machines. For instance, operators need to be trained to use the integrated software control which is capable to control machine operations. On the other hand, if you have lack of manpower, you can opt for CNC machining services that provided by most job shops, which they have professional expertise to work on your parts production operations.
5. Depends on the complexity of parts produced - Commonly, most manufacturers are willing to have large investment on advance machining centers that are capable to perform sophisticated CNC milling operations. If you have low complexity parts production tasks, normally job shops are capable to complete your assigned tasks economically with fast turnaround time.
6. Depends on the regularity use or demand of the required components - In most cases, most manufacturers would purchase CNC milling machines if the components are frequently use in their production process. Apart from that reason, these machines are regularly used if their specific components are highly in demand. You do not need to purchase any of these machines if you do not use on a regular basis.
In any case - whether you are considering buying CNC milling machines or seeking precision machining services from job shops, be sure to shop around for better deals.